Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

TGIF!

It's finally FRIDAY! Although, not really for me since I have to work for a while tomorrow. But hey - it's still the weekend!!


I'm linking up with some great ladies today for the 5 on Friday!



THE GOOD LIFE BLOG  




<<ONE>>



So, I bit the bullet and got the new IPHONE 5. I've had Verizon forever so I didn't catch on to the craze initially, then when Verizon started offering it, I still didn't (couldn't - my phone is supplied by my employer) bite. However, I was due for an upgrade as my beloved Droid was dying a slow death and it just so happened that my company approved the new IPHONE for purchase. So why not? Now I'm super stoked and have just purchased my new case:


(via)




<<TWO>>

I get to see my sweet nephew this weekend!! Sean is going out of town to DC for a bachelor party so my sister and her son are coming to keep Conrad and me company. I love it when these two little boys get together!









<<THREE>>

These rings!!! I'm loving the new small ring/band look that's out right now. These are on my "must get" list:

(via)



 <<FOUR>>

The Five Book by Dan Zadra.





My mentor at work gave me this book and it is awesome. It's part journal/part insperational reading/part planner. My motto has always been: "picture where you want to be in five or ten years. Now are you doing anything about that vision? If not, get moving." In trying to figure out what path I want to take with my company and career, this book is extremely helpful.


<<FIVE>>

Menu Planning!!! Being a working mom (or any kind of mom, for that matter!) means you have to plan a lot of what you do in advance. A big piece of that is meals; especially now that Conrad is older and eating a lot more "big people food" I have to be able to get home, have dinner easily accessible and cookable. None of this stopping by the grocery on the way home to pick up ingredients then rush home to fix it all while with an "energetic" 10 month old baby in tow. Yeah, that is what I'm currently doing and it's - for obvious reasons - not working. What ends up happening is he's too much to handle and cook at the same time so I plop him in the high chair and heat him up some Gerber Organic pasta pickups....have you seen those? Good idea but not the healthiest, despite their "organic" label. The times when I have planned ahead, I try to get him to eat what we eat (usually chicken, a steamed veggie, and salad). But if I am waiting at the last minute to shop, prepare, and cook, that means baby isn't eating until 730 at night and he's having none of that. Hence, menu planning! I'll let you know how it goes...
Attempting to keep it together 24/7,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment