Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

5 on Friday


Linking up again this week with some lovely ladies! 



THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
  
<<ONE>>

Lake Time! This weekend we are heading to my in-laws house and they happen to live on Lake Anna. They moved down there from Northern VA about five years ago; they built a beautiful home and have a boat and jet ski – perfect for fun summer weekend getaways as it only is about an hour and a half away. They are also close to lots of great wineries and cute, historic towns (two of my favorite things). A girl who loves her in laws?! She does exist! I kid, I kid…I would love them even if they didn’t live on a lake.



<<TWO>>
ME TIME! I am starting to notice myself slipping…not eating healthy, not exercising, getting stressed out. And it’s making me sluggish, tired, and irritable. So I’ve decided I need to change some habits. Nothing  crazy – no crashdietsoyoucanlose10lbsinaweekthengain20back, no ridiculous exercise plan. Let’s be real here, ain’t nobody got time for that. Maybe just walking/running more in the evenings with the baby, not eating so much junk food (it’s HARD because I’m on the road so much), and taking it easy on the weekends with eating out. I also watch an insanely large amount of TV at night – when Conrad goes to bed I just veg on the couch and get nothing accomplished. I’m not saying I need to do a marathon cleaning session during that time (again, let’s be real, there’s no way in hell that would happen anyway and I am hiring a cleaning service STAT) but perhaps do something a little more productive…like read one of the 123,409,102 books I’ve downloaded on my kindle but never read (those damn $1.99 specials!)


<<THREE>>
My new iphone! Ok, I know I already mentioned it in last week’s 5 on Friday but I was really only talking about the case in that post and this time I’m talking about ALL THE APPS. I know that I could download apps on my old Droid but for some reason it’s way more fun on my iphone with my snazzy case. AND I love FACETIME! My parents have iphones (yes, my PARENTS got an iphone before I did) and now they can see Conrad every night – love, love, love.


<<FOUR>>



SO TRUE! I have so much to be thankful for and sometimes I just have to take a step back and stop wanting more so I can enjoy what I already have.

<<FIVE>>
I couldn’t resist:
I can't believe he was ever this small!

Attempting to keep it together 24/7,

Elizabeth



1 comment: