- Lose weight (lose last 10 baby lbs to be exact)
- Get organized (this is never ending for me though seeing as I'm so...ahem...particular about things)
- Learn not to procrastinate (at work, home, with difficult situations...)
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Save money - in all seriousness, I did not realize having a baby was going to be so EXPENSIVE and therefore this resolution truly needs to happen. Like ASAP. Like, I have serious spending problems that are spiraling out of control (Starbucks every morning, say what?!)
- Manage my stress in a more healthy way
Etc, etc, etc. You know the drill.
Rather than subject myself to the above resolutions that are so broad and unobtainable (hey, just being honest here) I have broken these down and added some more easily managed ones:
- Go to bed by 9:30 pm at least two nights a week
- Don't bring work home...weeeeelllll, don't bring work home two nights a week
- Starbucks only once a week (GASP-my local barista just had a heart attack)
- Sign up for one race a month. Ok, I love running. But I don't make time for it. My boss had this resolution last year and said it worked well for her and forced her to make time to run (hey, at least once a month!) and she's the busiest person I know. If she can do it, I can do it. Hell, you pay to race - don't want to waste money!
- Sit down with Sean and come up with a budget. Baby steps, right? We've never really had a budget before so this should be interesting.
- Be to work on time at least 3 days a week *** Cue the laughter*** So for 2012 the big joke among my friends was that I made the resolution to be on time to work at least once a week. I'm chronically late. I just am. In 2013 it was to be on time to work 2 days a week. Now I'm moving on up. I figure by 2015 I'll be on time every single day. Again, baby steps, people.
- Take more pictures! Life passes by so fast with Conrad that I want to be able to savor every moment (if I get brave I may add "upload all pictures" to this list..but lets not go overboard here).
And I think for now, that's certainly enough. I'll see how January goes and then perhaps move on from there.
What are your thoughts on New Years resolutions?