Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back open for Business!

Hi there...in case you've forgotten, this is me:



From one working mother to another, or from one working mother to the stay-at-home mother (which believe me, is also WORK!), I welcome you to my new phase in blogging. I re-vamped this blog and its design for several reasons:

1.       Keep an online journal of what’s going on in my family’s life. Things are so hectic that baby books don’t get completed, photos don’t get printed often enough, and the (several) journals that I’ve purchased or received as gifts remain empty. In the immortal words of Sweet Brown … “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”  

2.   Enable my relatives that I don’t see often to stay posted on the life of my ever-growing baby boy, Conrad (C-Rad!) in an easier-to-read forum for family and friends


3.       Most important of all, to connect with other working moms…because no joke…this stuff is HARD! The biggest pet peeve of my pregnancy is that NO ONE TOLD ME IT WOULD BE THIS DIFFICULT!!!! Being a mother and on top of that a working-out-of-the-house mother is just plain ridiculously tough. More on this later.

I will warn you that there will be LOTS of pictures of my C-Rad, lots of discussions (aka my opinions) about life as a working mother, probably lots of complaining and griping (hey, that’s what a journal’s for!), and lots of other junk thrown in between. Sometimes I may blog about recipes, marriage, products, tips and tricks that I’ve found useful and I encourage the sharing of anything that helps make our lives as Jill-of-All-Trades easier. I tend to wander towards the square thing called my soap box and if you don’t agree with what I’m saying, that’s fine. All opinions are welcome…if they are the same as mine. Just kidding; I welcome open constructive discussion (read: no personal attacks, rudeness, meanness) for the purpose of enlightenment and thinking outside the box (read: my soapbox).
For those interested, the title of my blog was an idea that my husband, Sean, came up with. For me, due to the type A part of my personality (because I believe that everyone has both types in them), I try to run my life, our family’s life, in the most organized ways possible. We’re talking lists, budgets, calendars, constant emailing back and forth about the baby, house, schedules, chores, etc. Essentially, run like a business. This is probably where you’ll stop reading and think “ok, crazy controlling lady”. But really, I’m not an insane person here, it’s just how my mind functions best. Sean is the total opposite so this can create lots of arguments strife but we push through it. Opposites attract, right?
So welcome back to my own little corner of the blogosphere and happy reading. And don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Attempting to keep it together 24/7,


Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment