Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Old School or Old Soul?


Let me tell you a little bit more about myself.
 




The person on the left is me on the outside, the person on the right is me on the inside:
  
Eh? What? Ok, so the person on my right is actually my grandmother (aka "Gampi") - my mom's mom whom I love to death. She is actually only 4' 10" so I'm kinda hunched over to be at her level in this picture - too cute.

Anyway, last night as we were getting ready to go to bed I was watching a movie on Turner Classic Movies (TCM - my favorite channel!) and my husband was making fun of me because I love so many "old school" things. He said I actually have an 80 year old inside my body. And he's not the first one to tell me this! My friends and family have said the same thing before. Why's that? Let me elaborate:

1. I love old movies. As stated, TCM is my favorite channel. I LOVE classic movies. Whether it's dramas and mysteries from the 1940s to musicals (yes, musicals), to Doris Day/Rock Hudson/Marilyn Monroe flicks - I'm there!

2. I love old music. And I'm not talking just Frank Sinatra. I'm talking my XM radio in my car has these two stations among my favorites: "Singers & Standards" and "40s on 4". And I'm admitting it. That’s not to say I don’t love music in other genres (bluegrass, rock, country, pop – you name it) but the old stuff is my fav.

4. My favorite cocktail is a Gibson. Or pretty much anything with Gin!

5. I drive a Cadillac. I don't see too many other people my age driving one but I love it!! Most comfortable car ever.

6. I love old TV shows. I Love Lucy is my favorite!

7. At all the parties I host I break out my silver and china from my family - why not use it even for BBQs? I always set a proper table down to the individual pepper and salt cellars.

So, these things may or may not make me old fashioned but I love them! I think I really am in a time warp and I'm supposed to be living in another decade  :)

Attempting to keep it together 24/7,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment