Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Run for Your Life!

So, yes, as mentioned in this post I am a perfectionist and can be slightly OCD sometimes. However, when it comes to working out and eating right I'm lazy. Oxy moron, hypocritical, whatever you want to call it - that's me. I think it's because I spend so much time worrying about other things that I am just too exhausted to take care of myself. That's where running comes in. No, I'm not necessarily one of those people who runs to "relieve stress" or "clear their minds" or "have me time or time to think". Nope, I run because I have to. And because for me, it's easy. And I hate the gym. H-A-T-E it. Wish I loved it, I've tried to make myself love it. But: no sparks. Me+Gym = Dull romance.

However, as I said, I'm lazy. So I need some motivation to run. Here's where races come in - thank the good Lord for races. And races for charity fundraisers - a double whammy! If I've signed up for a race, and in some cases, on top of that agreed to fund-raise for it, you'd better believe I'll be out there training! It gives me something to work toward, I feel proud of my accomplishment when I'm done, and I help people along the way. Win-win for all!

First Marathon Ever!
Running to cure cancer!

Bless Sean's heart - he meets me at every finish line no matter how early in the morning.
 A freezing cold start to the 2011 Marine Corps Marathon - running for The Lupus Foundation!



I think my tally is 3 marathons, 3 half marathons, a 20k, 2-3 10ks, a Tough Mudder, and countless 5ks. As long as I keep signing up (which, by the way is an expensive hobby!) then I'll stay in shape. However, with the little one now in tow, it’s much more difficult to find the time to train. I’m thinking of signing up for the 2013 Marine Corps Marathon through the American Cancer Society to motivate myself to run, although again, finding the time may be difficult. But that’s where motivation like this comes in handy:



Ain't it the truth?!  


Sean, you up for some babysitting (ahem, approximately 3 hours every Saturday during training season)?

No comments:

Post a Comment