Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Expectant Elizabeth: Week 24




Gender?  Baby Boy!!

Size? About 12 inches, and a pound and a half!
Stretch marks?  None yet. But I've gotten that damn linea nigra! I was reading up on it and apparently it's caused by a melanocyte-stimulating hormone that's made by the placenta. They say that the more fair you are, the more likely you are to get it. Oh well, at least it's temporary! Guess it's a one-piece bathing suit for me!
Maternity clothes? Still making use of both maternity and not, thank goodness.
Sleep?  Just last week I was saying "I never have to wake up at night to use the restroom". Well I spoke to soon. Every night this week! Plus my back has been killing me. So my dear husband stopped by Babies R Us on the way home and bought me a wedge pillow for the belly. Woo-Hoo! Thank goodness. That has helped with back pain so much.
Miss Anything? Still alcohol - geez, it sounds like I'm an alcoholic! But I'm not, I swear. I just miss being able to sit out on the deck with a nice refreshing beer. Non-alcoholic beer doesn't cut it. And have you tried the "non-alcoholic wine"? Disgusting.
Cravings? Still with the fruit and pickles. And ice cream. But not together, no worries - not that crazy!

Symptoms? Again with that damn linea nigra.
Belly button? Still in much to Sean's dismay.

Best Moment this week? Starting to look at registry stuff. Not in the stores but just online. I know we need to register soon but we have no place to put anything so I'm hesitant.


Looking forward to?  Getting this damn move over with!! Too stressful for me and the baby.



Exercise? Workout DVDs. And seeing as how it's in the 90s but feels like 120938103 degrees out to this pregnant lady, walking outdoors has been minimal.


Attempting to keep it together 24/7,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment