Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Conrad's Birth Story: Part 2

So as I had mentioned earlier, Conrad made his way into the world via unscheduled c-section about 10 days early. Despite being in labor for 18 hours, developing a fever, and being utterly exhausted, I wouldn't change a thing and would go through it all again for our little love.

I think he came early because he knew how many people were waiting to hug and kiss him. My parents, Sean's parents, and my sister Cayce were all there already and lots of our friends came within the next couple days to visit.

 Meeting my mom and Dad, "Nana & PopPop"

 Meeting Sean's parents, "Grandma & Grandpa"

 Sleepy Daddy!


For the next four days in the hospital we worked on breast feeding (HARD stuff!!), diaper changing, swaddling, etc. 

Daddy is the best swaddler. He said it's because he is good at making burritos. LOL.  

The staff at the hospital were amazing, as was the doctor. My OBGYN practice has four doctors and the one that was on call the day we went into labor was our favorite - thank goodness! She kept checking in on us every day and we were finally discharged on Thursday the 11th. We could have left the day before but we wanted to get one last night of good rest and I wanted more help with breast feeding.

And then it was time to go home. 



 


Let the good times roll...

Attempting to keep it together 24/7,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment