Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful Thursdays

Last week as I was driving home I was frustrated because of all the traffic. I was bemoaning my commute, pissed off that I was late to get home to do chores and make dinner, and generally in a bad mood.

Then, as I pulled up to a stoplight I saw a man standing at the end of the median holding a cardboard sign with "homeless" written on it. Wearing an old t-shirt, ripped sweatpants, and looking like he could use a haircut, he was very thankful and gracious to everyone who gave him cash.


I immediately began to feel guilty. As tears filled my eyes (pregnancy talking?) and my heart dropped I was ashamed of my negative attitude. Her I was driving home from my amazing job to my beautiful home and husband in my nice, reliable car, listening to my Ipod, drinking a Starbucks, talking on my smart phone. And this man, in one of the richest counties in America, was without a home, a loving family, or even a decent jacket. It put things in perspective.


I am truly blessed and need to remind myself to see my glass half full. I could have no job, no family, nothing. But instead I have everything I need and probably more than I deserve.


So I'm instituting Thankful Thursdays. 


This Thursday I am thankful for my husband. As we are approaching our 2 year wedding anniversary next month, I keep thinking seriously how thankful I am to have him. He makes me laugh, listens when I have problems, is a great cook, shares the same interests, a man of the same faith, is a very hard worker, a good friend and son. I KNOW he will make a great father to our baby and be a great supporter of our future family. One thing I love most about him also is his goofy, outgoing side. We are so totally opposite on that. While I'm more quiet and serious, he definitely is not. Here, let me show you:










This man always makes me laugh, will go to costume parties with me, literally smothers me in kisses, and never takes himself too seriously. I'm SO THANKFUL for my husband, Sean.

PS: Trust me, we actually do have some "nice" pictures :)

Attempting to keep it together 24/7,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment